A rhinoplasty is also known as a nose job or and is basically cosmetic surgery that is carried out on the nose. It may be done to re-shape someone’s nose or even to treat a breathing problem that may be caused by having a narrow nasal passage. Just like all the other kinds of plastic surgery procedures, a nose job has both benefits and risks that come along with it.
Health Benefits of Nose Job
Having work done on your nose will certainly bring about a number of benefits but in many cases it is done to add beauty to the face by making the nose less noticeable and therefore bring about a balanced look to the face. Other advantages of a nose job would include:
- The size of the nose can be increased or decreased on the basis of facial requirements. This improves the facial features.
- Nasal depressions can be minimized using the best nose job.
- Nose job will help treat your breathing problems and help you to make the inhaling and exhaling processes easy. Once the nasal problem is solved, you can there after sleep more soundly and feel rested.
- Having a nose surgery can make your face more beautiful thus increasing your self-confidence allowing you to enjoy yourself with friends and family.
- Nose job can help you to get all the psychological and aesthetic benefits.
Health Risk of Nose Job
Usually a surgical nose job requires a long time to recover. Usually the complications in any nose job are minor and can be solved easily, but sometimes, complications related to surgery are so severe that they take much longer to solve.
It is usually recommended that the patients should consult a professional such as a surgeon on the possible risks associated with a nose job before going ahead with it. Once they are comfortable with all the pros and cons, then they can ahead with the surgery. Some of the problems that can occur after a nose surgery would include:
- The patient can suffer an infection on the wound after a nose surgery.
- It is usual for the patient to experience breathing problems after a nose job, but it is just for a short period of time. If the patient still experiences difficulties for a long period of time, then it becomes harder to solve them.
- After surgery a patient may lose their sense of smell temporarily. Therefore some physicians may require their patients sign an agreement stating they understand these risks.
You may visit this site more on rhinoplasty